Last Updated: 5th January, 2017. Every teenage girl’s biggest dream is to have a flawless and vibrant skin. And the appearance of the unwanted pimples hampers her mood, especially if she has some plans for that special day. Acne is a common skin disorder that mostly occurs in teenage girls with the onset of puberty. However, it can affect people of different age and sex. Women are more prone to experience acne problems as they face hormonal imbalance at variant stages of their life.
Due to the unwanted clogging of the sebaceous oil glands, you can notice the appearance of pimples, blisters, and white heads on your face. Though acne is not a serious disorder, but excessive outbreak of the pimples can spoil the beauty and leave permanent lesions and scars on the skin. There are numerous home remedies for acne that can protect your skin from such disastrous impacts.
10 Home Remedies For Acne:
Baking soda serves as a natural exfoliant that opens up the clogged skin pores and removes the dead skin cells effectively. Additionally, the antiseptic property of the ingredient protects your skin from harmful infections.
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with clean water, and apply the thick paste evenly onto your face. Rinse it off with water after 3-4 minutes.
- You can also try making a face pack by mixing one teaspoon cinnamon powder, two tablespoons baking soda, half-lemon juice, and five tablespoons of honey. Apply the face pack for 5-10 minutes and the rinse it off with plain water.
2. Tea Tree Oil:
One of the simplest home remedies for acne is application of tea tree oil. It serves as a great antiseptic that disinfectants the pores and kills the harmful bacteria.
- You can take a drop of tea tree essential oil on your palm and massage the affected area of your face gently for two to three times a day.
- If the concentrated tea tree oil irritates your skin, you can try mixing it with aloe vera gel and then apply the mixture all over the face.
Honey is a soothing natural ingredient that is best known for its antibiotic properties.
- You can try applying honey directly to the affected areas of your face, as it acts as one of the best home remedies for acne.
- You can also make an organic face mask by mixing a cup of plain oatmeal with half a cup of organic honey. Apply the mixture evenly on your face and leave it for at least half an hour. Then rinse it off with plain water.
4. Lemon Juice:
The acidic property of the citrus fruit works as one of the effective home remedies for acne. Application of lemon on the face easily swipes out the accumulated dirt from the pores.
- You can take a slice of lemon and try rubbing it on the affected skin region. After few hours, you can rinse off your face using plain water.
- Try to make a face solution by mixing equal amounts of both rose water and lemon juice. Dab a cotton ball into the solution and apply it onto the affected area gently. You can repeat the process for 2-3 times a day.
Mint helps in removing the oils that have clogged your skin pores and lead to acne.
- To clean the clogged skin pores, you can mix two tablespoons of finely chopped mint leaves with same amounts of oatmeal and plain yogurt. Apply the face pack on the face and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse it off with plain water.
Chamomile aids in reducing the inflammation of skin that occurs during acne. The soothing ingredient serves as a skin coolant and is often used as home remedies for acne.
- Take the contents of a chamomile tea big and mix it with adequate amount of water. Pour the mixture into a blender to obtain a smooth paste. Apply the paste on the affected skin region and rinse it off after 15-20 minutes.
- Alternately, you can also steep two chamomile bags into a cup of boiling water for 10-15 minutes. After the tea cools down, dab a cotton ball into the mixture and use it to cleanse your face. Avoid rubbing the pores harshly.
7. Aloe Vera Gel:
The anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of Aloe Vera work as one of the best home remedies for acne. It also heals the unwanted scars that usually occur by the skin acne.
- You can either buy an aloe vera gel from the market, or extract the pure gel by cutting the leaves from an aloe vera plant. Applying the aloe vera gel around the affected region for 2-3 times a day cures the problem of acne effectively.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar:
It contains natural lactic and malic acids that exfoliate your skin and treat acne effectively.
- A toner made using apple cider vinegar acts as one of the best home remedies for acne. You can dilute the apple cider vinegar with equal quantity of water. Dab a cotton ball into the toner and apply it over the affected region.
9. Green Tea:
Green tea is best known for its antioxidant and antimicrobial properties, which can help you, get rid of acne.
- You can take a cup of cooled green tea to wash off your face or even lay the tea bag over the affected skin region.
Oatmeal is a beneficial ingredient that can be used as home remedies for acne. It can cleanse the skin pores effectively and absorbs all the excess oils from the skin surface. Additionally, oatmeal is also a great exfoliating agent.
- You can mix a cup of cooked oatmeal with half a cup of lemon juice and one teaspoon of organic honey. Apply the mixture over the face and rub it gently. Do not apply excess pressure while rubbing, as it can exaggerate the pimples. Leave the mixture on the face for about 30-35 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. You can apply the oatmeal scrub pack for once a twice a week.
So, now that you know some of the best home remedies for acne, try to implement these simple tips and bid goodbye to acne problems!