Last Updated: 5th January, 2017. The sweet-flavored, mouth-licking and delicious liquid substance is recognized throughout the ages as one of the best natural sweetener, healing medicine and healthy food. Not only it’s a nature gifted product, but honey is popularly known for its medicinal properties. Let us check out, some of the amazing health benefits of honey and how it can help you combat diseases.
Top 10 Health Benefits Of Honey:
- Benefits of Honey :- Natural Energy Booster:
The positive medicinal properties of honey go beyond its flavorful taste. Being a natural source of carbohydrates, it supplies optimum energy and strength to your body. Honey is best known for its energy boosting capability. Even athletes and sportsperson consume the natural product on a regular basis to overcome the symptoms of fatigue and muscle endurance. The key element of honey is the fructose, glucose and the natural fruit sugars, that pays a pivotal role in getting rid of tiredness and fatigue. The natural sweetener gets quickly absorbed in the bloodstream and digested by the human body. Additionally, honey regulates a healthy blood sugar level.
- Benefits of Honey :-Immunity System Builder:
Among the different health benefits of honey, one of the most impressive one is its immune system building capability. The natural antioxidant and anti-bacterial property of honey can help to improve the functioning of the digestive system and you can easily fight infectious diseases and stay healthy. It is advisable to state a day, by consuming a spoonful of the cleansing tonic that is obtained by mixing a spoon of honey, half lemon juice and cup of hot water.
- Benefits of Honey :- Fight Cancer And Cardiovascular Ailments:
Honey contains a high percentage of antioxidants, and flavanoids that helps in minimizing rhgw risk of different form of cancers and heart ailment.
- Benefits of Honey :- Alleviates Allergies:
The anti-inflammatory property of honey can help to soothe cold and coughs and minimize the risk of seasonal allergies.
- Benefits of Honey :- Boosts Memory:
The sweet nectar is rich a source of antioxidants and it can help the human body overcome memory loss or internal cellular damage. Honey has a great ability to absorb the calcium and it aids in improving the brain health. Your body needs a optimum supply of calcium, as it help in the decision making process. But with passage of age, the human body becomes deficient in calcium, and thus older people are at a greater risk of experiencing dementia.
- Benefits of Honey :- Cough Supplement:
Honey acts as a natural cure to sore throat and pesky colds. The persistent coughing that does not go away easily can be effectively controlled with regular intake of honey. Children between the ages of 1 and 5 years are often advised to intake the natural sweetener during the nighttime, before going to their bed. The thick consistency of the honey coasts the throat and protects it from incessant coughing. Honey is often used in cold syrups and treating upper respiratory tract infections.
- Benefits of Honey :- Treats Insomnia:
People suffering from disturbed sleep pattern are advised to intake honey on a regular basis. Consumption of the liquid gold can increase the level of insulin and release of the brain chemical serotonin, which improves mood and happiness. Your body transforms the serotonin into melatonin that aids in regulating the sleep pattern and improve the quality of duration of naps. Additionally, honey contains essential amino acids, including tryptophan that aids in smooth release of the serotonin in the brain.
- Benefits of Honey :- Treats Dandruff:
Honey can cure dandruff issues easily, due to its effective antibacterial and antifungal properties. You can apply the diluted form of honey, to your scalp and leave it for two to three hours. After that you can wash your scalp and hairs using normal tap water. People with skin lesions can achieve best results within two weeks and it also aids in improving the problem of hair loss. Honey treats seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff that is mostly caused due to the overgrowth of fungus. The anti-inflammatory properties of honey can treat the redness and itching on the scalp.
- Benefits of Honey :- Treats Cuts And Burns:
For thousands of years, honey is popularly known for treating different types of ailment, cuts ad burns. The antiseptic property of honey inhibits the growth of harmful bacteria and keeps the cuts and external wounds clean and germ-free. The natural sweetener is often used before dressing the wounds, burns and cuts as it can effectively absorb the moisture from the atmosphere and promotes faster healing. The antimicrobial property of honey prevents the occurrence of infection around the c wounded region. And the anti-inflammatory property helps you overcome the swelling and pain, and even scarring.
- Benefits of Honey :- Home Remedy For Hangovers:
Due to excess consumption of alcohols, when you suffer from hangovers, a mixture of honey and lemon/orange juice can help to combat the nauseous effect of hangovers. As honey is subtle on the stomach, it speeds up the oxidation of alcohol by your liver and acts as a ‘sobering’ agent.
Different Ways To Use Honey:
- Before getting involved in a workout session, a person can intake a tablespoon of honey to overcome the unwanted consequences of fatigue and tiredness.
- When you feel a bit low and lethargic in the morning, consuming honey can help you overcome the fatigue and morning sickness. One can simply spread it over the toast or replace the sugar in the tea with the honey.
- When your kids find it difficult to cope up with the physical strain, you can prepare sandwiches with honey, as it can serve as a great energy booster.
- Mix honey with plain yogurt, instead of opting for the pre-sweetened yogurt.
- Instead of using sugar on your breakfast cereal, try to use organic honey.
- Use honey for seasoning your meat, as it can enhance the flavor of your dish.
- Prepare fresh salads, and create the salad dressing using vinegar, honey, and olive oil.
- Drizzle honey over your vanilla ice-cream or other desserts.
A Word Of Caution:
Although honey serves as a healthy substitute for sugars, but some of the individuals especially infants should not intake honey, as they are not be able to ingest it. People with pollen allergies should also refrain from consuming honey.