Last Updated: 5th January, 2017. “Gorgeous hair is the best revenge” – Ivana Trump.
Do you recollect Rapunzel, the princess from Disney? Who doesn’t? The girl with the beautiful flawless 70 feet thick long hair in the fairy tale. All girls since childhood have dreamt of having healthy hair like Rapunzel.
A woman is said to be incomplete without good hair. Hair provides an individualistic personality and adds a personal style statement to any person. How to grow hair faster and keep it healthy is a big question that every girls must have thought at least once in her life. To grow hair faster you need to take good care of it. Visiting a spa or a hair-stylist every now and then is an expensive affair these days. Plus the chemicals used in such places tend to damage hair to a great extent and do not allow your hair to grow faster. Other factors like stress, frantic lifestyle and hormonal imbalance lead to hair problems like hair loss, dandruff, split ends and hair thinning.
The most easiest and effectual way to grow hair faster is to go ‘Natural’. By going natural we mean using nature as a remedy. Natural home remedies are most effective and economical for rapid hair growth because they have no side-effects and the results are reliable and long lasting. In this article we provide you some simple and natural homemade remedies on “How to grow hair faster” along with their usage and benefits.
- ONION JUICE
- Things required: 2 to 3 Red onions slices
- Procedure: Squeeze out the juice of the sliced onions and apply it on your scalp for 10 to 15 minutes. Let it sink in the scalp then wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Benefits: To grow hair faster, onion contains sulphur which boosts the production of collagen tissues that help in faster re-growth of hair.
- Frequency: Once a week
2. EGG MASK
- Things required: 2 Egg whites, 1 teaspoon Olive Oil & 1 teaspoon Honey
- Procedure: Mix the above ingredients to form a paste. Apply this paste on your scalp and leave it good 15 to 20 minutes by covering it with a shower cap. Wash it with cold water and a mild shampoo.
- Benefits: Hair is primarily made up of protein. Eggs are rich in not only protein but also sulphur, phosphorous and zinc which help to grow hair faster. Olive Oil produces antioxidants that help in the growth of a healthy scalp and it prevents production of DTH hormones that cause narrowing of hair follicles. Honey is another natural product known for its multiple uses. It helps dry and brittle hair regain its shine provides moisture and nutrients to the hair. All these together in the way of a mask, help in promoting hair growth and making it healthy and shiny.
- Frequency: Once a month.
3. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- Things required: Apple Cider Vinegar & Water
- Procedure: Mix 3 to 4 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with approximately 500 ml of water. You can use more quantity of both the ingredients and store the remaining mixture for future use. If you have dry hair, it is advisable to use less apple cider vinegar whereas of its oily you may use more apple cider vinegar. Use this on your hair after you have washed your hair using a mild shampoo and leave it for a few minutes before you do your final hair rinse.
- Benefits: Apple cider vinegar is packed with nutrients like Vitamin B and C. It also restores the pH (potential of hydrogen) level and removes deal cells and cleanses the scalp. It is an anti-inflammatory acid which helps reducing dandruff and also acts as a natural detangler.
- Frequency: Twice a week
- Things required: 2 to 3 tablespoon fenugreek seeds & ¼ cup coconut milk
- Procedure: Make a paste of the seeds and mix it with the coconut milk. Apply this paste to your hair and scalp and let it rest for half an hour. Then wash your hair using a mild shampoo.
- Benefits: Fenugreek is a common herb available at every grocery store. Fenugreek seeds have been used as a solution for all major problems be it sore throat, digestion, lowering blood pressure and many more. It is one spice that helps to grow hair faster, reduces hair fall and baldness due to wonderful components like protein, iron, potassium, Vitamin C and nicotinic acid which promotes hair growth.
- Frequency: Once in a fortnight
5. INDIAN GOOSEBERRY (AMLA)
- Things required: 2 teaspoons Amla powder/ juice & lime juice
- Procedure: Mix Amla powder or juice with lime juice and mix it well. Apply this with your fingers or cotton ball to your hair roots and leave it for some time to dry. Rinse your hair with warm water.
- Benefits: Indian gooseberry/Amla is a gold-mine of Vitamin C and is also rich in antioxidants. It helps in growing hair faster. This Ayurvedic remedy stimulates faster hair growth, reduces greying of hair and prevents breakage of hair.
- Frequency: Once a month
6. GREEN TEA
- Things required: 3 to 4 green tea bags
- Procedure: Put the green tea bags in boiling water and let is simmer for 15 minutes. Keep this water until it gets back to room temperature. Then apply this over your scalp and keep rubbing it for few minutes. Leave it for an hour and then wash your hair with cool water.
- Benefits: Green tea is a rich source of natural antioxidants that grows hair faster, prevents hair loss by reducing DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) which causes hair loss. It stimulates cell growth that helps in re-growth of hair.
- Frequency: Once a month
7. ALOE VERA
- Things required: 2 aloe vera leaves & half a lemon
- Procedure: Cut of the edges of the leaves with a sharp knife and slit the top layer. Peel off the aloe vera gel under the layer and put the gel in a mixer and add half lemons juice. Blend this mixture for a minute
- Benefits: This green cactus looking plant is a multi-purpose plant which contains amino acids, vitamin A, B, C and E. It has proteolytic enzymes which gets rid of dead cells thereby helping in growing hair faster.
- Frequency: Once a month
Apart from the above mentioned remedies on how to grow hair faster, hair growth also depends on numerous other things like maintaining a good and healthy diet. Healthy diet includes eating protein rich food like eggs, soya, chicken, kidney beans and including a lot of green vegetables, vitamins in your diet. You should pamper your hair with hot oil massages once a week. You may use castor oil which is a rich source of Vitamin E and mix it with essential oils like rosemary oil, eucalyptus oil or thyme oil and apply it to your hair. Avoid going out in the sun a lot and also avoid using straighteners, hair dryers and other machines because heat leads to breakage and damage.
Last but not the least, follow the above remedies to grow hair faster, stay stress free and hydrated because “Beautiful hair makes a happy head”. 🙂
Join The Gorgeous Club! Be Gorgeous. Stay Gorgeous.